Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm continuing with a box of 2009 O-Pee-Chee that I started a few weeks ago and am almost done with and I'll start a box of 2008 Tristar Prospects Plus.

In the 2009 O-Pee-Chee pack:

132 Michael Bourn
534 NL Homer Leaders - Ryan Howard, Adam Dunn, Carlos Delgado depicted
337 Kevin Slowey Black border parallel
204 Wandy Rodriguez
488 Armando Galarraga
390 C.C. Sabathia in a Yankees uniform

A good pack because there were no inserts other than the black border paralle. I'm trying to build the set and I feel as I come down the homestretch of box #1 that I might not have that much of the base set becuse it seems like I've gotten a lot of non-black border insert cards in this box.

2008 Tristar Prospects Plus

106 Chase D'Arnaud
80 Yankees Future Infielders - Corban Joseph and David Adams
3 Eric Hosmer
14 Ethan Martin
26 Christian Friedrich
10 Justin Smoak

I've heard of Smoak and Hosmer before. These kinds of packs are fun because you get to see if you recognize any of the players yet. I'm sure in a few years, just like for Bowman and Bowman Chrome, I'll know or have heard of a lot of players that I don't know now.

I see Ethan Martin is a Dodgers farmhand. He'll probably be coming through Albuquerque at some point and I'll get to see him play then.

I got to see Justin Smoak play recently when his Oklahoma City Redhawks came to Albuquerque to play the Isotopes. I was very impressed with him and it seemed he was smoking the ball all over the park during the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment